Village Learning runs August to mid-June
* All reservations must be made at least 72 hours in advance*
WHAT TO KNOW IF YOUR CHILD IS ENROLLED IN VILLAGE LEARNING
- Half Day: 8:00-12:30 or 1-5:30 | $35 per day per child
- Full-Day: 8:00-5:30 | $70 per day per child
- Open to ages 2 years 6 months – 6 years 0 months. We ask that the children be mostly potty-trained.
- 36 spots available
- No minimum commitment though you must register at least 72 hours in advance so we can properly staff and lesson plan
- *No refunds*
IMPORTANT VILLAGE LEARNING INFORMATION
- Please Bring: Morning and afternoon snack, water bottle, and lunch
- Food Allergies: Please do not send any nut products with children (In consideration of children with allergies.)
- Payment policy: All village learning payments are non-refundable. Village Learning reservations can be rescheduled up to 72 hours in advance
- Missed Village Learning: If your child is not able to attend Village Learning, please call before the it begins. For missed Village Learning, please contact us to reschedule
- Reservations: Reservations are required, please call at least 72 hours in advance.
To learn more about our curriculum and teachers, please see below.
You can contact the Village Learning Program at email@example.com
We started Village Learning as a service to the community – we keep pricing as low as possible to make it affordable for families. I have five children and I understand the cost of putting them in school and daycare. We do not sacrifice quality as we employ the best-credentialed teachers, maintain the cleanest facility, and follow a comprehensive curriculum. We prepare students for school, the playground, and life.
– Daniel Gundert, Owner of Gyminny Kids
Village Learning Curriculum
Gyminny’s Village Learning Program has developed a rigorous curriculum that integrates gymnastics and readies our youngest ones for Kindergarten and beyond. During our “classroom” times, we have adopted a Montessori-inspired learning approach, providing freedom and flexibility for each child to learn and develop at their own pace. Children will learn how to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide through creative learning tools and guidance from their teachers. They will work on their reading, spelling, and handwriting. They will also learn about science through sensory play and experiential, STEAM-based activities. The social sciences will be lightly taught through Socratic Seminars and themes and lessons based on current events and what our children see in their environment. Aside from the academic piece, we align our social-emotional learning curriculum with values grounded in diversity, inclusion, and honoring each child’s unique treasure. We also implement our local Poway School District’s Character Counts! ‘Six Pillars of Character’ framework. These pillars include caring, fairness, respect, citizenship, responsibility, and trustworthiness.
Village Learning Staff:
Alexis D’ Souza – Village Learning Director
Alexis D’Souza earned a B.A. in Child and Adolescent Development with a Minor in Special Education from San Francisco State University. She has experience as an Intern at the Early Childhood Education Center at SFSU and worked as a preschool teacher in San Francisco for a year before moving back to her hometown, San Diego. Alexis is a former Gyminny Kid and a high-level gymnast. She is currently our Gymnastics Preschool-Age Director. She oversees our dynamic rotating lesson plan, which has been called “the best gymnastics preschool program in the Nation” by the FIG President. Alexis is excited to get to know her students!
Mohsani Hoveyda – Village Learning Teacher
Mohsani comes to Gyminny Kids with close to a decade of professional preschool teaching experience, including being a certified Montessori lead in Irvine, Pre-K Lead in Westminster, CA, Infant Care Lead teacher in Torrance. She is enthusiastic, creative and adds tremendous value to our programs. Mohsani was a high-flying volleyball champion and eventually began coaching volleyball in Manhattan Beach. Her athletism combined with her professionalism is a blend that makes for the perfect Gyminny Kids teacher. Mohsani is working on her Masters in education leadership at Cal State East Bay and has her BA in Business Administration. There’s more! She has 15 units in child development from the University of California, Irvine. She loves to learn. Mohsani is excited to work with your child and has earned a reputation for being a celebrity teacher. Everyone loves “Mo!”